The WooCommerce plugin is the most popular eCommerce solution for WordPress.
The plugin is available for free in wordpress.org repository. You can download it or install directly from the WP admin panel › Plugins › Add new panel.
As any other plugin from wordpress.org site, when new version of the plugin is available, you will be notified about it directly in your Dashboard.
Turn an internal product into external (affiliate) link
If you don't want to sell products on your site (like normally WooCommerce does) but rather earn from affiliates (like Amazon.com) using referral links, please do as follows:
- Create a new product.
- Go to its edition view.
- Fill product data like title and image.
- Under the WP Content Editor you will find a metabox called Product Data. Change the Simple product to the External/Affiliate product.
- Set the Product URL. This should be a product link that includes your referral id.
- Set the Button text. It can be e.g. the Buy on Amazon.com text if you refer to Amazon.com product.
- Set other product details if you wish (price etc).
- Save product.